Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the Fair located?
- How much does it cost to get into the Fair?
- How long do the carnival rides run?
- Are there any Midway specials?
- Any special discounts during the Fair?
- Are there ATMs at the Fair?
- Do vendors take credit cards?
- Can I get public transportation to the fair?
- Is there a charge for parking?
- Is there handicap parking and what does it cost?
- When can I park off-site?
- Can I rent a stroller or wheelchair?
- Are restrooms handicapped accessible?
- Is there a Baby Comfort Station?
- Does my caretaker get into the Fair free?
- Can I bring a camera to a concert?
- What if it rains?
- Can I bring an umbrella?
- Can I bring my children to a concert?
- Can I bring food or drink into the Fair?
- Is alcohol permitted?
- How can I enter a Fair competition?
- How can I become a vendor at the Fair?
- Does the Fair offer employment?
- What types of lodging are close by?
- Does the Fair offer camping?
- Who do I contact if I lost something at Fair?
- Is WIFI available at the Fair?
- Are firearms allowed?
- Are pets allowed?
- Is it OK to smoke on the Fairgrounds?
The Fairground is at 105 Pearl Street, Essex Junction, VT There are multiple entrances for your convenience: Gate B on Pearl Street, Gates E and F on Rt. 2A.
- Gate admission is $12 for adults, $5 for kids and children under 5 yrs. are free
- Weekdays of the Fair, after 6:00 pm admission is $6.00
The Midway rides and games open at 11:00 am and run until Midnight daily.
- A Pay-One-Price bracelet offers the best deal for $30 the wearer may ride from 11:00 am thru Midnight
There are a number of specials offered during the Fair ï¿½ Kids Day, Carload Day, Food Bank Day and Military Appreciation Day all offer discounts. More details on the pricing page, closer to the Fair.
ATMs are located in various convenient locations
Some vendors take credit cards; however many food vendors operate on a cash only basis
CCTA bus service is available call 864-CCTA for schedule and route information.
Yes, parking is $5 per vehicle.
Handicap drop-off and free parking is located at the Red Gate; parking attendants will guide you.ï¿½ You must have an official handicapped parking permit.
Off-site parking is available (with shuttle service) only when all Fair parking lots are full.
Strollers and wheelchairs (regular & motorized) are available to rent adjacent to Red Gate near Expo Plaza.
Handicapped accessible restrooms are available; locations are listed in the Fair program.
Yes - a free comfort station is located in the State Building near the center of the Fairgrounds
No, all attendees of the Fair must have a ticket.
Some performers allow personal cameras for snapshots Most performers do not allow professional level equipment (usually defined as having a removeable lens) You may be asked to leave your camera in your car
- Concerts are held rain or shine.
- CVE maintains contact with the weather service at all times for the safety of all patrons
Umbrellas are not allowed; feel free to bring other rain gear.
All concert attendees must have a ticket, no matter what age.
- No coolers please
- A large selection of food & beverages are available at the Fair
- Exceptions are made for those with special dietary needs
No outside alcohol is allowed - beer, wine and a limited menu of cocktails are available in designated locations.
Many Fair departments offer competitions and contests. Please see our competition pages for more details.
Click the link to find out how you can become a vendor or concessionaire at the Champlain Valley Fair!
Contact the Superintendent of the Fair department you are interested in working for directly to learn about employment opportunities.
A variety of lodging options are available in the greater Burlington area. We recommend staying at our partners listed on the Guest Information Page.
Yes! CVE offers camping (tent & camper) conveniently located on the Fairgrounds.
All lost items are turned over to the Essex Junction Police who maintain a trailer on the Fairgrounds during the Fair. After the Fair, call the Essex Police at (802) 878-8331.
Yes, we do offer wi-fi and there is a small fee for use.
Firearms are not allowed on the Fairgrounds at any time!
No pets are allowed except for service animals, defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities
- Smoking is not permitted in buildings or outside except in designated areas.
- Smoking tents are located in several locations listed in the Fair Program.