Show Horse Competitions
Located on the West side of the grounds near the Cattle Tent
The purpose of the Show Horse Centre is to educate the public about horses and give people a chance to see various breeds up close. The variety of horses in the tent changes daily and the staff is very knowledgeable about the animals on display. One day you might see a Morgan, the next an quarter horse and on another a miniature.
Rules & Exhibition Information
Arrival - Departure
- Please have horse settled in stall by 8:30 a.m.!
- You must show a negative Coggins (E.I.A.) test and proof of rabies vaccination before unloading your horse!
- Horses are released at 9:00p.m.
- No pets or alcohol!
- You may do a 10 – 20 minute educational demonstration with your horse. Depending on the day, you may give the presentation on “the mound” (no room to ride) or in the cattle show tent, if available.
- Horses may enter the daily parade (5:00pm). You know your horse! Be a good judge of whether they can handle the noise, many distractions, and huge crowds!
- Anyone who will be mounted for the parade or a demo must wear a ASTM/SEI approved helmet.